What is MADCOW®?
- MADCOW® Stands for “Make A Difference Change Our World”
- MADCOW® is a social enterprise charity, providing employment opportunities to people with employment barriers. All profits are used to support our programswith a focus on providing services to the homeless
- MADCOW® exists to create awareness and show that by helping others and providing positive role modelling, they will be mobilised to change their World.
- MADCOW® empowers people to take a stand and fight injustice
MADCOW® – Mission Statement
MADCOW® exists to follow the example of Jesus Christ and offer relief to all people and empower them, through love, education and care to reach their full potential.
We believe the most powerful way to Make A Difference and Change Our World is through the power of positive role modelling.
We are here to journey with people for as long as it takes. To form loving relationships that can help people to reach their fulpotential.
With this in mind, MADCOW® will focus on three key areas:
- Awareness – raise community awareness to the immediate needs and challenges facing vulnerable and marginalised people.
- Mentoring – helping people to reach their full potential through love, education and care.
- Respond – mobilise and equip others to change their World.
MADCOW® supports such programs such as:
- MADCOW® Mentoring – mentoring at-risk students in primary schools
- Life Essentials Community Hub – Running a variety of programs to support those in need within our community
- MADCOW® Café – Providing a range of services for those experiencing homelessness, – Including MADCOW® Free Chow – Hearty meals for the homeless
- NEXUS Youth Theatre – High quality performing arts program for youth in Bendigo
- MADCOW® Community enterprise – Offering training and employment opportunities for Karen Refugees and others with employment barriers. Profits are used to support our other services
- MADCOW® Breakfast Club – Breakfast for young children in Eaglehawk primary school and free community breakfast each week in the Bendigo CBD
- Gilead Counselling service
- Playgroups – for young parents and their kids each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Funds raised through initiatives MADCOW® go directly into supporting the vulnerable and marginalised within our community. MADCOW ® will also support global poverty projects with the Karen refugees living on the Thai Burma border.
“Young people who through a combination of their stage of life, individual, family and community circumstances and barriers to participation are at risk of not realising their potential to achieve positive life outcomes”.
MADCOW® will provide financial capacity to Bendigo Baptist Community Care Inc. to strengthen support around the most vulnerable within our community.
MADCOW® will provide people with the tools and strategies to elevate themselves out of their seemingly ‘hopeless’ situations.
MADCOW ® will continue to raise awareness and help alleviate hopelessness and despair to the most vulnerable people in the Bendigo and surrounding region.
MADCOW® aims to ensure that people:
- are released from generational in-justice
- have access to support services and education
- have the right to be safe and protected from harm
- are equipped with fundamental life skills
- experience life success and celebration
MADCOW is a local Bendigo charity, breaking the cycle of poverty and homelessness. Our headquarters are located at 214 Hargreaves street. Phone 03 5441 4747 e: firstname.lastname@example.org